Dear École Millstream Parents/Guardians:
Welcome to the 2023/24 school year! Please read the information below regarding school start up.
- For the first few days of school, students will be returning to their last year’s teacher. Students will then be placed in multi-age “family groups” and participate in whole school activities.
- The first day of school, Tuesday, September 5, is a half-day. School begins at 8:25 am and finishes at 11:38 am. Please send a snack for your child to eat that day. The first full day of school is Wednesday, September 6.
- When students arrive on the first day, they will line-up at last year’s line-up spot. Staff will be outside ready to assist.
- Students who are new to École Millstream Elementary are asked to meet in the Library.
- School supplies are not needed until the second week of school. Basic school supply lists are posted on the Millstream Website. In addition to the basic school supply lists, teachers may ask for supplies specific to their class. These additional supplies can be ordered through School Start. Information about when and how to order through School Start will be available next week.
- An email will be sent out the day before students move into their new classes.
- Please be aware of our drop off and pick up zone. Parents/Guardians are asked to stay in the car while children are being dropped off and picked up. Where possible, we encourage families to walk to school as there is limited parking at our school site.
- Please contact the office at 250-478-8348, if you have any questions.